Thursday, November 13, 2008

No cook Pasta Sauce

So I haven't been on this blog in awhile, I'm getting better I swear. I actually can remember the password for this one! I will be teaching a cooking class on the 24th of November. One of the recipes I will be teaching them is an easy no cook pasta sauce. I will first give you the basic sauce then I will leave you with some add ins to use the sauce in various ways. One thing I have found about this sauce is that it can be changed with whatever ingredients you have on hand.

Basic Sauce
  1. 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped roughly- if you can do a fine dice fine, if not do what you can.
(Tip to seed tomatoes cut them in half and roll the tomato cut side down between your palms the seeds will fall out)
2. 3 cloves garlic smashed to a paste, or use jarred garlic paste

3. salt to taste

4. pepper to taste

5. 1/4 -1/2 olive oil

Add ins:

1. Kalmata olives, feta cheese, and 1/2 basil -- family favorite with pasta, use more of less
olives and cheese to your taste.

2. Juice of 1 lemon, rind of 1 lemons, 2 t. capers, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 cup parsley ---
perfect for fish, fried, poached or baked

3. cilantro,1 seeded and chopped jalapeno whole garbanzos, lemon zest, 2 T lemon juice and 1 teaspoon cumin. perfect for
pita chips.

Whenever I can find great tomatoes I make these dishes for my family. Experiement with your own combos and post them here.

No comments: