Thursday, April 9, 2009

Parties!

Okay so it's been a minute, doesn't mean I have stopped cooking I have just been busy. I have also lost something in the kitchen...it's called motivation, lol! If I could just get someone to wash the dishes life would be fantastic! Lastly I have been planing a sweet sixteen and a family reunion. The 16 year old would like to have a Hawaiian themed cocktail party, really loungy and swankified if you know what I mean ; ). So we are going with a few passed hors devores and some signature mocktails.
The tentative menu is:
Spicy Thai chicken Satay
Coconut Chicken Fingers
Spam Musubi
Huli Huli chicken skewers
Ahi poki with a won ton crisp and Wasabi mayo
Okay so I have had all of these dishes before but I have never made them, some of them I will wing and others I will use a recipe for. The Spam dish being one of them. The mocktails will be two of my favorites. Today I will give you those recipes.

The Not a Colada Mocktail:
2 liters of Ginger ale
1 Frozen pineapple juice concentrate
1 can of Cream of coconut.

Directions:
Shake the coconut cream and add all of the ingredients to a punch bowl. The mixture will separate however a quick stir makes it delicious again. Served in martini glasses it is especially beautiful.

Mango Spritzer
1 bottle of Mango Nectar - cheapest in a Middle Eastern market
Soda Water
Mix soda water and mango nectar 2:1 for added interest you can float a teaspoon of rose water syrup in the glass.

No comments: