Friday, October 17, 2008

Peanut Pie

My father is from the south, Georgia to be exact. A place where three things are king when it comes to food, watermelon, rice and peanuts. I love watermelon and rice, I hate peanuts. Two out of three ain't bad. But because I know peanuts are relatively cheap I made sure my kids would love the ground nut. Today I will provide you with a recipe I have kept in my head for years. Let me say this recipe would be delicious with some dark chocolate ice cream, do not try to watch your weight with this one.

Ingredients:
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 peanut butter
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 unbaked 9" deep dish pie shell
Preheat oven to 375ยบ F, beat eggs, vanilla, sugar & salt. Add, peanut butter & syrup & mix in peanuts. Bake 40-45 minutes in pie shell.

Serve warm with chocolate ice cream.

1 comment:

Chinyere "Chin" said...

I'm with you, I don't like peanuts, but those pictures of cakes and pies on the right hand side of the screen has me salivating. How much to have my order express mailed to Nigeria?